My son was assulted by his teacher on his first day of school. I reported to the police..and he was arrested. He got acd order

For a year..I was told that this case is going to be dismissed if he stays out of trouble. Is ther any way I go re trial ?

Queens Village, NY -

Attorney Answers (1)

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

No. What plea offers, or whether to make a plea offer, is up to the District Attorney. The only thing you can do is sue the teacher in civil court. This is only worth doing if there are signifcant damages. There are short statutes of limitations to watch for. Depending on the facts, the City could be a potential defendant too and there is a Notice of Claim requirement that must be met within 90 days of the incident.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.