My son was assulted by his teacher on his first day of school. I reported to the police..and he was arrested. He got acd order

Queens Village, NY |

For a year..I was told that this case is going to be dismissed if he stays out of trouble.
Is ther any way I go re trial ?

1. No. What plea offers, or whether to make a plea offer, is up to the District Attorney. The only thing you can do is sue the teacher in civil court. This is only worth doing if there are signifcant damages. There are short statutes of limitations to watch for. Depending on the facts, the City could be a potential defendant too and there is a Notice of Claim requirement that must be met within 90 days of the incident.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Education law topics