My son was arrested in Texas on a Ramey warrant in California. He was arrested on Oct 17, 2010 on a Ramey Warrant. We fought

Concord, CA |

extradiction. California issued a warrant on Dec 1, 2011. California received a governor's warrant on Jan 23, 2012 and came and got him on February 15, 2012. My questions are can California hold him that long on a Ramey warrant? We never seen any hard copies of the warrants issued, is that legal?

1. You are confusing the issues based on your terminalogy. A Ramey warrant is simply an arrest warrant that authorizes the police to go into someone's home to get the subject of the warrant. It has nothing to do with how long they hold him or extradition or anything. Your dates and info seem off - I wouldn't expect Texas to hold him on a warrant waiting for CA to extradite him for a year and a half, and was he arrested in Texas or in California? Please clarify.

Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.