My son was arrested in Texas on a Ramey warrant in California. He was arrested on Oct 17, 2010 on a Ramey Warrant. We fought

Asked over 2 years ago - Concord, CA

extradiction. California issued a warrant on Dec 1, 2011. California received a governor's warrant on Jan 23, 2012 and came and got him on February 15, 2012. My questions are can California hold him that long on a Ramey warrant? We never seen any hard copies of the warrants issued, is that legal?

1. Chris J Feasel

Answered . You are confusing the issues based on your terminalogy. A Ramey warrant is simply an arrest warrant that authorizes the police to go into someone's home to get the subject of the warrant. It has nothing to do with how long they hold him or extradition or anything. Your dates and info seem off - I wouldn't expect Texas to hold him on a warrant waiting for CA to extradite him for a year and a half, and was he arrested in Texas or in California? Please clarify.