My son wants to live with me instead of his father, what do i do to make that happen

Asked over 5 years ago - Olympia, WA

I am not the custodial parent , but I also did not have my rights taken away i voluntarily gave my husband full time custody. My son wants to move with me, so what do I need to do to have that happen, also my son is 13.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Linda Kelley Ebberson

    Contributor Level 5

    Answered . Washington law provides that a child may be integrated into the non-custodial parent's home which may provide the basis for a parenting plan modification, especially if it is with the custodial parent's consent. Ideally, you want to establish a pattern for the maximum length of time possible before initiating a formal Parenting Plan Modification in the county where you and the child reside.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,162 answers this week

3,588 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,162 answers this week

3,588 attorneys answering