My son took a leak in his reading teacher is coffee to be funny. They want to suspend him from school now.

Asked 8 months ago - Ettrick, VA

Can we petition so he does community service instead? We cannot afraid private school and he was just being a stupid 12 year old.

1. Andrew Dennis Meyer

2

Answered . Your sons needs counsel immediately. Suspension from school is not the only concern. He may be charged with assault and battery as well. Notably, a jury recently awarded $5001.00 to a victim of this sort of "prank."

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Not a silly joke. Serious red flag, young man appears in need of counseling. Get with an education attorney in your area to work with the discipline process, your best shot at preventing expulsion.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . You can take any position you like on the issue of punishment. But there is little chance of persuading school officials to agree with you. In all events, you will fare better with legal counsel.

You don't serve your kid's best interests by pretending this conduct was a harmless prank. Like it not, your kid has to navigate and survive in the real world. And in the real world, his conduct brands him as disturbed and potentially dangerous. If you won't take a pro-active role in redressing his problem, it will need to be dealt with in the future when very likely the criminal justice stakes will be higher. My question to you is whether your kid deserves better from you?