My son's name has been placed on the birth certificate,how does he go about filing an affidavit of parentage, or bringing a cour

Asked almost 2 years ago - Douglas, GA

My son has a baby with his ex girl friend she lets him see him when she feels like it and when she don't get her way she don't. He pays her child support every week.

1. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . The only way for your son to have a right to custody/visitation would be for him to receive an order for custody/visitation. He needs to file a Petition for Legitimation with the Superior Court of the county where the child lives. Until he does so, he will always only be entitled to whatever the girlfriend allows but will be continue to be responsible for child support.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now