My Son's Father Receives SSI, Does My Son Qualify For Any Benefits?

Visalia, CA |

1. If he receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI) the answer is definitely "no." However, if the father has ever been a wageearner, he may actually be receiving SSDI (Social Security disability) and if his work record was strong enough, there may be benefits for his dependents, which is a single monthly sum divided equally between all dependents.

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

2. Only if he receives SSDI. Not SSI.

Sorry.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. My colleagues are correct -the answer is no if he gets SSI, and only "maybe" if he gets SSDI.

best of luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.