My son's father and I was court ordered to take a paternity test, but my ex refuse to find a center and pay for the testing

Asked 7 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

My case is about to go into default because he refuse to establish paternity, how can I enforce a paternity test on my son's father? What's my next step in my case? My son is 9 months old now and his father has been denying him since I was 5 months pregnant. I still allow him to visit even though he constantly denies my son.

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . You need to hire an attorney. Find a lawyer in your area using the AVVO search feature and schedule a consultation. You can force the father to submit to a DNA test by requesting that the court issue the appropriate order. However, your attorney will know best how to handle this.

2. Melissa Moore Stockham

2

1

Answered . Definitely talk to an attorney in the area. You can compel him to take a paternity test.