My son married a girl from brazil, here illegally. they have a daughter and have relocated to fla. can she apply for food stamps

Port Saint Lucie, FL |

until my son finds a job and home? (they're staying with us until then)

1. She cannot, no, but he can, especially with his daughter. He is a citizen, so he can apply, and his daughter is a citizen too. She needs to get an immigration lawyer and apply for an adjustment of status with an alien relative petition. There is a new law that could mean she would only need to leave the country for about two weeks for a consular adjustment. They need to talk to an immigration attorney. But he needs to be able to support her first.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

2. DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY. To my knowledge, she need not divulge her immigration status to obtain food stamps for her child.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

3. Food stamp is a state program and I have yet to see a state which allowed people without valid immigrant status to apply. Even LPRs are not eligible in most circumstances.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.