My son lives in CT. was in a accident last night need to know if he is at fault

Greenwich, CT |

my son lost control of his car hit black ice, in a school apartment complex, the car parked was registered in Mass.

The short answer is "yes"; all drivers have a duty of reasonable care that requires all drivers to keep their car in control at all times ..... even on slick roads.

Did your son get cited; if so, what was the charge. Also, if your son left the scene he's likely to be charged with evading responsibility which carries a jail exposure and a 1-year suspension of his operators license, and a criminal record.

Feel free to call my office at the number below.

Good luck

Attorney Salvatore Bonanno
Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
67 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106
(860) 527-6500 Office
(860) 246-6786 Fax
salvatore.bonanno@comcast.net
www.hartfordlaw.net

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Your son is at fault for the accident. Do not let him talk to the adverse insurance carrier.Contact you own carrier immediately so they can handle the claim.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm

Yes he appears at fault due to not driving with caution given the conditions. Notify your insurance carrier.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Unfortunately it appears he is at fault. Contact your insurance company and report the accident right away.

Unless the parked car drove up and hit him, yes. Simply report it to the insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Based upon the facts stated, it would appear that your son was at fault.

He is probably at fault. Even if the owner of the parking lot did not properly salt or sand it, your son's actions in crashing into the parked car will be considered a proximate or legal cause of the accident. If your son's car was insured, simply call the insurance carrier and they will handle it. If a lawyer is needed to represent your son, the insurance company pays for one to defend him. Good luck.