My son is in in jail, and he was born in U.S. and a citizen, how the heck can this happen? He has an ICE hold on him.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Worcester, MA

burglary, thief, suspended licence

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kira Gagarin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . ICE does make mistakes quite a bit about who they detain. If he was born in the United States then get a certified copy of his birth certificate to ICE as soon as possible. Think about speaking with an immigration attorney to make sure everything is done correctly and quickly. Good Luck.

    Framingham Immigration Attorney
    508 455 4241

  2. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There's an ICE hotline you can call, for people detained by ICE who believe they are U.S. citizens. Be prepared with documents that prove his citizenship, like his birth certificate or passport.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,952 answers this week

3,248 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,952 answers this week

3,248 attorneys answering