Skip to main content

My son is charger with 2 counts 784.03 (1) (a) (1) he is innocent but if found guilty what could be the penalty ?

Orlando, FL |

He was infact the victim of the accusers and suffered injuries. They have none. This is just " a he says she says scenario ' with several people who are all friends with each other false witnessing against him. the only evidence is actually against the other parties
It's 2 counts because apparently there are 2 people claiming being hit
the clerk file says its filed as a " first degree misdemeanor "
Both are 784.03 (1) (a) (1)
he is innocent but if found guilty what could be the penalty considering he has no criminal record?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    The prior answer is correct. The maximum fine is $1,000.00 per an offense and 1 year of probation per an offense. However, battery is also an enhanceable offense. If your son resolves these cases, he may be subjecting himself to a future felony battery charge if ever involved in this type of alleged criminal behavior. From what you are stating, it would seem like a good idea to have your son represented by an attorney. These criminal charges could affect his future significantly.

  2. The maximum penalty is 2 years in county jail (1 year per count).

  3. I agree

    David R. Damore, Esq., Damore, Delgado, Romanik & Rawlins, Daytona Beach, FL, (386) 255-1400. Mr. Damore is a former Volusia and Broward County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

  4. The maximum sentence is one year in the county jail per count and a fine of $1,000.00 per count. He needs competant counsel to represent him.

Violent crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics