My son is charged with theft by taking. First offense. What would be the sentence?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

He abandoned the semi tractor he was driving and the owner pressed charges in Dec. 2012. Since then the owner has dropped the charges but the state of GA is pursuing it. The vehicle was recovered and my son has made an agreement with the owner to pay restitution for losses incurred. Will any of the facts reduce the charge and if there are no witnesses can they pursue this? He was not aware there was a warrant out and was picked up and extradited a week ago.

1. Douglas Holbrook

2

Best Answer

Answered . There is nothing surprising in the fact that the state of GA is still pursuing charges in spite of the fact that the owner has dropped the charges. However, the recovery of the vehicle and the agreement with the owner for losses could possibly have a positive affect on the outcome. However, do not attempt to resolve this situation without input from counsel.

2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

2

Answered . Jail could happen which is why you need a Georgia attorney. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

3. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney in the area where the felony case is pending. Your attorney will assess the facts and law in OH and direct you through the process.