Skip to main content

My son is charged with simple assault he smacked his 4 yr in the face and left a mark the next day i had my grandson out and a

Willow Grove, PA |

Stranger called the police and said they thought my grandson was being abused . Children in youth said no abuse was done to my grandson but the Deticive has charged my son and now waiting for his arigment hearing

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Your son should look into hiring an attorney to defend himself.

  2. Bail will be set at the arraignment and a date set for a preliminary hearing. It is important that your son has an experienced criminal defense attorney. We provide a free consult.

  3. He needs an a criminal defense attorney.

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

  4. Charges involving assault on young children can have very serious consequences, as both a criminal case and a child abuse case investigated by CYS. It is important that your son gets good legal counsel right away. Generally, a good criminal defense lawyer can also help advise him about the CYS implications and other collateral consequences of this type of allegation. The sooner he speaks to an attorney, the better chance he will have of protecting his rights.

    This answer is based on general legal principles only and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the formation of a lawyer-client relationship. Any reader of this answer should not make decisions based upon it without first directly consulting with an attorney in person.

  5. It is important that your son hire an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics