My son is charged with 4 burglary charges and 1 grand larceny same case 1st offenses

Asked 12 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

My son admitted to going into our roommate's room taking items then pawning them. He admitted to this took us to pawn shop we recovered some jewelry not all. He signed a contract admitting to guilt and agreed to pay $150 a month totaling $5000, maintain employment and keep in contact. My son payed $1500 - $1900 he has no proof I do believe the accuser will be honest about money payed. My son is an addict, for the last 11 months has been living in a Victory Outreach men's home voluntarily in co springs co. He was passing out flyers for the church when he was picked up on a bench warrant for fta on a domestic violence case in montrose co

1. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

1

Answered . This should have been handled differently from the outset. Despite the admission, there are other mitigating conditions which may make him eligible for drug court or other diversionary programs. Upon completing such conditions, he may be able to reduce his charges to a non-felony.

2. William Berry Palmer

Pro

1

Answered . Is he in jail for the fta or the burglary charges? If it is for the FTA then he will probably be released after CO says they won't extradite. If he is in jail on the other charges you need to hire a NV criminal attorney as soon as possible. You can comment on this answer of you have any more questions.

3. Christopher Robert Arabia

Answered . Your son should discuss the case with NOBODY except for a Nevada criminal defense attorney. Is he still in Colorado? Is there an active warrant for return to NV?

One or more answers have been taken down.