My son is an US CItizen and will be 21 in July. How soon can he start petitioning for my wife and I ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Margate, FL

I have daughter who is 11. How does his petitioning for us affect her migrating with us?

1. C. C. Abbott

7

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Unlike some other USCIS processes, there is no early commence time for such a petition. Once he reaches 21, he can file the petitions.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

8

Answered . He can file the papers when he becomes 21 years old.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

7

1

Answered . Immediately. U.S. citizens who want their relatives to immigrate to the United States can file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for their spouse, children and if the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old, their parents and brothers or sisters. Do contact an immigration attorney for assistance in this matter.

4. Aleksandra Michailov

7

Answered . He will be able to file for you in July, must be 21.

5. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

6

Answered . Your daughter cannot follow to join or be considered an immediate relative. As a result, she can be petitioned by your son, but will likely be left behind should you decide to immigrate.

There are humanitarian acts that take place from time to time in these situations. It is best to review the challenge with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before you risk over a thousand dollars in filing fees to find out that your parents will not leave for the U. S. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.