My son is a victim of abuse within his middle school and nothing is being done. What can I do legally to get justice for my son

Asked over 1 year ago - Keansburg, NJ

My son has been attacked by four boys in his middle school hall way. He was held by one boy while another elbowed him in his face. There were students all around watching this. He screamed out for help knowing that teachers were in there class rooms and know one helped him. He even saw a teacher come down the hall way while this was going on and he way screaming only to watch her duck into a class room. He finally broke free and ran out of the school historically crying. I immediately took him into the school and reported it to his vice principal. My son has been terrorized and is unable to sleep. He never wants to go back to that school again. This is not this first time a particular boy has attacked my son there has been an incident before and nothing has been done.

1. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

2

Answered . This is a terrible sitaution, and I am so sorry that you and your son have to deal with this. Unfortuately, this is not a domestic violence situation, but rather an Education law issue. I recommend re-posting in that area for assitance also consulting with an attorney who practices in that area of the law. Best of luck to you and your family!

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

2

Answered . Your son has a claim for bullying and negligent supervision at a school. Please feel free to contact me.

3. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

2

Answered . Many communities throughout the State, in addition to the State's Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights. You need to bring this to the attention of the principal and perhaps the school board as well. Of course, there may be a need for filing a lawsuit if no action is taken.

4. Mark M Cheser

Pro

1

Answered . Ask for an interview with the principal or even the superintendent. Call an educational attorney. Go to the police and report it there as well. These days they should act. You put them notice that if anything happens to your son the ceiling will cave on them. Work through the attorney.