My son is 19 and just finished trade school do I still have to pay child support for him

Asked over 1 year ago - Manasquan, NJ

When can I stop it and how

1. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

1

Answered . You cannot just stop paying child support. You must file a motion with the Court to have him declared emancipated and have the court order payments to cease. You should retain counsel to handle this correctly.

2. Kenneth A White

Pro

1

Answered . As previously indicated, to officially terminate your child support obligation you must secure an Order directing that the child is emancipated and that your child support obigation is terminated upon a set date. If you ex will cooperate, you can acheive this by filing a Consent Order. If your ex will not cooperate you must file a Motion with the court requesting such relief.

Kenneth A. White, Esq.
    732-819-9100