Skip to main content

My son is 17 he just got arrested yesterday for burglary

Fontana, CA |

He admitted to the arresting officer that he broke into the home and he had the items on him. This Is his 1st time being arrested. What may he be facing?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to contact a local criminal attorney immediately. A home break-in is first degree burglary and if there were folks in the house, not only is it a serious felony it is a violent felony. All of which makes a difference in how the case will be handled. The District Attorney may, but most likely will not charge your son as an adult. The Juvenile Court however may wish to house him in there local facility for an extended period of time. You need immediate help from an attorney who practices juvenile criminal law.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as such. This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state and even county by county. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws, local rules and the area of practice in which your concern lies. Each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Nobody can predict the outcome, but his chances are significantly better with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer