My son has been bitten 58 times by bed bugs in a hotel we have been staying in. The hotel is back-peddling, they want us to pay

Asked 3 months ago - Shreveport, LA

we have been in this hotel for two weeks until I figured out where the bites were coming from. I thought mosquitos or possibly fleas from dogs, as we have been visiting friends and family during our visit here. On Monday morning when my son woke up with more bites it hit me like a freight train - I pulled back the sheets and found the mattress pad had two bed bugs - I gathered them in a tissue, bagged the mattress pad and took pics of my son's bites - I went to the front desk, saw the manager and a regional sales manager and they proceeded to enact the bed bug protocol and they said our belongings would be replaced and our stay would be comp-ed. since that moment, the national brand and the local owners have done nothing except to file an insurance claim! and they are debiting my card!

1. David Ian Schoen

Pro

3

Answered . Sounds like it might be a good idea to consult with a local personal injury lawyer familiar with bed bug cases. You son may be entitled to compensation for his injuries in addition to the other damages you sustained.

2. Zaheer A Shah

Pro

3

Answered . Consult a LA personal injury attorney and make sure he/she is familiar with bed bug cases.

3. Kevin P. Landry

Answered . Consult a local and qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible. This claim will fall under the commercial liability policy. Use the Avvo search tool to locate an attorney.