My son has 3 dui's. He has completed all requirements. When we went to dds they said new law prevented him from prob license?

Asked 5 months ago - Augusta, GA

He has a possession charge in 2008?

1. Richard Scott Lawson

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Unfortunately we have started to see the same outcome in our practice. Your son was declared an Habitual Violator for the 3 DUIs in 5 years. Normally he can get a restricted license after 2 years, as long as he would have installed an ignition interlock device on his car. However, the prior drug possession charge is now preventing him. Unfortunately he will have to wait out all 5 years before getting a license because of the drug charge.

2. Mickey Grady Roberts

2

Answered . In these types of cases, if you will fax me your son's driving record, I can tell you what he needs to do.

3. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

Answered . The new law which loosens the restrictions ons a 2/5 DUI is what's causing the problem for your son's 3/5 DUI. He should be able to reinstate his license 3 years after his conviction on the 3rd DUI.

4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . What exactly is your question. It sounds like you already got the information you are looking for.