My son got a dui in Shelton ,WA he is a Iraq veteran he has a 10 month old son and is currently homeless. he tested was .009

Asked over 1 year ago - Shelton, WA

this is his first dui and was just a little over the legal limit. he did not inform the arresting officer
that he had taken a sip of mouth wash when he left the bar.

1. Vitaliy Kertchen

Pro

6

Answered . He blew .09, not .009.

.009 is effectively .00 and not chargeable as DUI.

2. Peter John Marek

5

Answered . Schedule a free consultation with local WA criminal defense counsel easily found here on Avvo. Facts given are minimal and therefore of minimal value. The DA mus t have several elements of proof to convict your son that you can't possibly know unless your the party charged. Your homeless son may qualify for a free public defender as well. DO NOTHING UNTIL YOU CONSULT AN ATTORNEY. Cases are often reduced and sometimes dismissed for lack of evidence. There may also be statute that specifically helps veterans in criminal matters. We have that here in CA. Good Luck , God bless and thank your son for his service. Hope this helps?

3. Kevin Keith McKain

5

Answered . What is question. But for what it's worth, there is a good chance charge will be reduced.

4. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

3

Answered . if the charge remains he will get appointed an attorney and the State will get rid up it because .009 isn't a DUI. Have a good day.

5. Stephen Ross Cohen

4

1

Answered . Some court have special departments for veterans, if he has not pled, ask if there is a veterans court.