My son got a dui in Shelton ,WA he is a Iraq veteran he has a 10 month old son and is currently homeless. he tested was .009

Shelton, WA |

this is his first dui and was just a little over the legal limit. he did not inform the arresting officer
that he had taken a sip of mouth wash when he left the bar.

1. Schedule a free consultation with local WA criminal defense counsel easily found here on Avvo. Facts given are minimal and therefore of minimal value. The DA mus t have several elements of proof to convict your son that you can't possibly know unless your the party charged. Your homeless son may qualify for a free public defender as well. DO NOTHING UNTIL YOU CONSULT AN ATTORNEY. Cases are often reduced and sometimes dismissed for lack of evidence. There may also be statute that specifically helps veterans in criminal matters. We have that here in CA. Good Luck , God bless and thank your son for his service. Hope this helps?

2. Some court have special departments for veterans, if he has not pled, ask if there is a veterans court.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

3. What is question. But for what it's worth, there is a good chance charge will be reduced.

4. He blew .09, not .009.

.009 is effectively .00 and not chargeable as DUI.

5. if the charge remains he will get appointed an attorney and the State will get rid up it because .009 isn't a DUI. Have a good day.

Wills and estates topics