My son found a syringe in a box of stuff in my room so instead of call me he decided to call the police , never letting me know

Asked 7 months ago - Sayre, PA

a few days later my son put a hidden cameras in my room and and took a video of me using the needle. The children were all sleeping and my oldest son put a video camera under my door and filmed me putting a tourniquit on and using the needle, the next day the police cam with children protective services and took my children away. in now way did i put my kids in harms way, i think the police invaded my privacy and also talked to my children without my consent! they were tresspassing and filling my kids head with ideas on how to intrap us! what are my right and can i sue the polive for invasion of privacy?

1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . At this juncture, you need to focus your efforts on addressing the CPS investigation and any related criminal charges that might arise from this incident. You should consult with an attorney who is experienced with both CPS and criminal law. Any civil rights issues that you need to address can possibly be vetted through those forums. I also agree with counselor Sargeant that you might very well need to rebuild your relationship with your child if they did not feel comfortable discussing this with you. Embrace the CPS investigation, they can recommend a variety of extra-judicial counseling resources that can help you.

2. Thomas J. Wagner

2

Answered . I agree with the other two attorneys. You need to focus on fixing yourself. The first step is recognizing that you have a problem. Anything that your son did does not violate any of your constitutional rights.

3. Golnar Sargeant

3

Answered . The police are immune to being sued for invasion of privacy or anything else when they are carrying out their duties. Your son is not an agent of the government and so evidence exclusion rules will not apply to him. The fact that your son felt that he had to do that speaks volumes. Put your energy into getting yourself back together instead of silly theories against the cops that are not actionable. Unless you are diabetic and are using the tourniquet and needle for insulin--then one can surmise the use of heroin or other drug. CPS does not take kids away from diabetic parents. They do from drug addicts. And one can certainly disagree with you that doing drugs when your kids are home does put them in harms way. Your son also has no obligation to talk to you, he can call the police whenever he wants.