My son broke his arm while playing in his friend's tree house. Am I able to sue his friend's parents?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orchard Park, NY

Apparently a branch supporting part of the tree house broke and my son fell out and landed on his arm. My son is 12. Do I have a case in seeking damages?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

Answered . Yes, consult with a local personal injury lawyer. Did the parents know that the branch was weak or diseased? Who constructed the tree house and was it appropriate for the tree?

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Lots of issues to consider such as whether the parents had notice of a dangerous condition and who built the treehouse/was it safe when initial built on the supporting branch.

3. Sean Thomas Wright

1

Answered . That definitely sounds like a case. Go get a free consultation from a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

4. Michael C. Wild

1

Answered . You should consult with an attorney who regularly practices personal injury matters to review your case and offer some advice. I could give you the names of a few colleagues in Western NY who may be interested in a consultation.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.
  5. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

Answered . You certainly have a case worth exploring. Best of luck and god bless.

One or more answers have been taken down.