My son and I are receiving Medicaid and food stamps.

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I reported that my husband and I were separated.. I did nor report a bank account That my husband was transferring money to from his IRA account to live off and pay bills. I reported that I pay the bills with the cash we have saved over the years. Now the attorney general wants him to pay child support. we have gotten back together. What's going to happen at this hearing? Are they going to know about this bank account? He does not work at the present time and neither do . Are they going to drop our benefits, They want him to bring his w2forms. we don't k now what to do or say..

1. Lawrence A Friedman

6

Answered . It's never a great idea to admit to a crime [intentional Medicaid fraud or misrepresentation] on a public forum, especially unprompted. You desperately need individual consult with an attorney who knows Medicaid law and has some criminal law knowledge.

2. Kelly Scott Davis

Pro

4

Answered . Attorney Friedman is giving you good advice. You need to heed it.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . I concur with my colleagues-please consult with an attorney about your case and options.