Skip to main content

My son, who is 18, has been sexually engaged in a girl of 14. Her father made a report to the police.

Yamhill, OR |

A detective wants a statement from my son. He is no longer in the U S. What is best - to give a statement or not?

Attorney Answers 1


Any person who is facing a potential criminal charge should absolutely NOT give a statement to the police concerning the underlying events. The police are not trying to help your son. There is no benefit to your son speaking with the officer. In fact, the police want to take a statement from your son because your son's statement will help them build their case.

Your son needs to consult an attorney who defends clients facing serious criminal charges. We represent clients on such matters all the time. Feel free to contact our office for further information.

One final thing. Please do not post any further information about your son's case online. The police and prosecutors can read what you post on a public forum such as this.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics