My son (illinoi residence) was charged in arizona in last nov and court date(pretrial conference) is on Jan.22nd.

Skokie, IL |

THe problem I have is that attorney could'n be reached since beginning of last Dec
phone(answering machine) ,email,even fax... no answreing back for month. So we bought the ticket to Arizona(Chandler Municipal court) to appear in court(I informed attorney still no answer). my son(26years old) is charged disorderly conduct(not leaving the place after police order). I really wonder attorney would show up at court. Should I get another lawyer in case? How times we have to Arizona and come back?

1. Hire another attorney. This one apparently is doing your son no good. One of the main reasons attorneys are disciplined is failure to communicate with their clients.

As a side note - Hopefully your son has been participating in his own case. You as the parent of an adult should not be running the show, even if you are paying the attorney's fees.

2. I agree that you should hire another attorney. Think of hiring an attorney as like shoe shopping....you need to be comfortable with the one you ultimately purchase. Same with attorneys. Also, you should be able to communicate with the attorney. Good luck.