My situation is following. I was married since 2009 to US citizen. We filed a joint petition I751 and got divorced in 2012

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

while the petition is still under review. I remarried and have a child with my new husband. My question is can I amy husband start the whole process over and ignore my previous I751 petition from previous marriage? What are my options here?

1. Irene Vaisman

9

Answered . I would highly advice you retain an immigration attorney at this time. Your previously jointly filed I-751 seems to be fraudulently filed since you are divorced and re-married to another person. Please see an attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

7

Answered . I agree with both my colleagues - you should consult with an attorney

3. F. J. Capriotti III

8

Answered . My colleague is correct ... you need to meet with an attorney.

The new husband/child won't help ... you need to address the original marriage paperwork.

4. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

4

Answered . I would not advise you to do this. I will advise to win on the previous marriage. You can only win on subsequent marriage if you prove the first marriage was bona fide. And if you can prove it was bona fide then you win.
    Talk to a lawyer familiar with this. I-751 waiver are difficult to approve now.
    http://immigrationlegalblog.com