My Sisters husband died, everything was in his name nothing was in her name.The estate is now held up.She is on dissibility.

Asked over 1 year ago - 19464

There is money in her bank account but the lawyer froze her account because her husbands brother told the lawyer that the money was moved because of his medical bills,Now my sister has no money to even eat. What can she do. Thanks for your time
Barbara Volpe

1. Thomas Devlin Begley III

Pro

3

Answered . Your sister needs to hire her own attorney to represent her interests. Although the rights of creditors cannot be ignored, your sister is entitled to a level of suppport. An application should be made to court to compel a partial distribution. Having said that, if your sister is on disability, she should be entitled to needs based programs which can provide her assistance. Make sure the attorney she hires is especially versed in this area.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . She should get her own attorney to represent her.
    It appears the husbands or sister's attorney is involved
    and the wife should be represented by her own attorney.

3. Rebecca Sarah Berdugo

1

Answered . I would need much more information than what you provided. But based on what you stated, my colleagues are correct. Your sister really needs to hire an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who can properly represent her interests.