MY SISTERS DISTRIBUTED FUNDS FROM MY MOTHER'S BANK ACCT. AND INSURANCE TO WE SIBLINGS WITH A LETTER SAYING ALL TAXES WERE

Boulder, CO |

WERE REMOVED FROM THE LUMP SUM BEFORE DIVISION.$7000 OF MY SHARE HASN'T ARRIVED. BOTH SISTERS SENT LETTERS FORBIDDING ME ANY CONTACT WITH THEM AND MENTIONED UNNAMED ATTORNEY AND ACCOUNTANT,ONE USING ONLY A P.O.BOX. LAST YEAR I CONTACTED THE B.I.A. BECAUSE OF HER TRICKING THE N.A.TRIBE INTO SENDING MY YEARLY LAND REIMBURSEMENT MONEY TO HER IN A DIFFERENT STATE TO HER EX MOTHER IN LAWS ADDRESS.BEFORE SHE DIED MY MOTHER SAID SHE LEFT A $50,000 BANK ACCT WITH ME NAMED AS PAY UPON DEATH.THE BANKS WON'T RELEASE INFO OTHER THAN TO EXECUTOR.NO WILL EVER FILED.CAN YOU ADVISE?

Dana very gently set out that there are a lot of very complicated issues. To preserve your own interests seek out a local probate attorney ASAP - bring all correspondence and documentation you can round out, and put together a detailed timeline with all relevant information if you have time. Don't put this off another day, get the ball rolling with an attorney ASAP

Best of luck

There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. We have no signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees. Further, everything we both just wrote is publicly available on the internet and would be the same as if we were talking in a crowded restaurant, there are many witnesses looking over your shoulder and can repeat anything you write here. If you need legal assistance use Avvo to find a local attorney in your jurisdiction that you feel can best represent your interests as a zealous advocate. My experience is in corporate tax, white collar criminal defense, partnership tax, and tax controversy/litigation. If you're being audited by the IRS or state taxing authority, or you are taking an unusually risky tax position on a return, that is the kind of thing you should have experienced counsel on your side and we can set up an initial consultation. If you have a family law, debt collection, violent crime sort of issue then I do not handle that. Do not contact me for an initial consultation on non-tax matters.

About the only useful advice anyone here can give you, based on the very complicated facts you've described, is that you need to consult with a competent local probate or estate attorney immediately. There are simply too many complicated facts, and too much at risk, to try and do this yourself based on answers you get from people for free online.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at www.nytaxcounsel.com

I agree. And please be prepared with full documentation. It will help.

Attorney J Anton Collins is a featured Criminal Tax Defense Attorney on Avvo. You may contact Attorney Collins directly at jcollins@jonescollins.com, or 866-340-5055, for more specific answers. This forum is merely for open, public discussion. Discussions in this open, online forum are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE NOTICE: IRS Circular 230 regulates written communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their clients. To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full “covered opinion”. Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS regarding the transaction or matters discussed herein. Each taxpayer should seek advice from an independent tax advisor with respect to any Federal tax issues, transactions or matters addressed, discussed or referenced herein based upon his, her or its particular circumstances.