My sister was repeatedly raped by our brother years ago. can something be done?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

every time our mom would leave the house he would put her in our mom bed and rape her and tell her not to tell other wise they both would be in trouble.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Contact the local police so that they can determine if charges are still feasible. In most cases, they would be but the question will be if the police / State feel that they can make a sufficient case to uphold a conviction.

    Cynthia Henley

  2. James D. Roark

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . She should contact law enforcement or the district attorney's office.

  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is awful. So sorry to read of it.

    Talk with a personal injury attorney right away.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges for rape

Rape is a type of sexual assault where the victim is forced to have sex without consent. State laws vary in defining what is considered sexual assault and rape.

David Joseph Parsons

Statutory Rape: A General Overview

Statutory rape is perhaps one of the most misunderstood areas of criminal law. Many laypeople do not understand the legal issues involved. Some of the issues tied to statutory rape... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,094 answers this week

3,671 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,094 answers this week

3,671 attorneys answering