Skip to main content

My sister was falsely Arrested on Cold check charge. Which is now on her record and causing issues with jobs. What can she do?

Elizabethtown, KY |

She was arrested in the middle of the night and could not call county clerks office to verify payment. Therefore she was arrested that night and sent to jail. Next morning it was proven that she indeed paid. She was let out with just a court fine ($260) to pay at a later date. Then later she got another bill from the county clerks office state she must pay for the night she spent in jail($85). All this for a $7.89 checking error.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    If that is the extent of her criminal record (Class A misdemeanor) she should consult with a Kentucky attorney about expunging her record. Good Luck!

    Follow me: This answer does not create a legal relationship.

  2. You need to contact a criminal defense lawyer in your area to review the case and court records to attack the conviction and/or revisit it and attempt to get it dismissed and expunged.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  3. When did this happen? Expungement of this charge may be available. If any charge sought to be expunged was dismissed on record, her eligibility for expungement would be much sooner.

    No attorney-client relationship has been created by answering this question. I make no guarantees as to the accuracy of any information I contribute in answering any inquiry on Avvo and I strongly encourage all concerns be addressed in the private counsel of an attorney personally contacted and retained.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics