My sister's husband died nov 2012. the executor has done absolutely nothing..what recourse does she have.

he has not provided any allowance, he has not contacted her at all about anything...7 months

Roanoke, VA -

Steven M Zelinger

Steven M Zelinger

Probate Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

She should explore hiring an attorney to "prod" him along or petition to have him removed if he is doing nothing.

Celia R Reed

Celia R Reed

Probate Attorney - Phoenix, AZ

Your sister should contact a probate attorney who can either find out whether the executor intends to act and file for probate or he can file on behalf of your sister and get the process moving.

Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

Probate Attorney - Stamford, CT

I agree with Attorneys Reed and Zelinger. With seven months in the rear-view mirror, your sister needs to have her own counsel to make sure the executor is performing his duties correctly. Good luck to you and your sister.

Robert William Haley

Robert William Haley

Probate Attorney - Bassett, VA

I have many colleagues in Roanoke that can help her; check out vaela.org; or give my office a call.

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Probate Attorney - Livonia, MI

I agree with my colleagues. It appears that your sister is not going to be able to deal with this without legal counsel. For whatever reason, the executor is not being responsive. The first step is to seek assistance from a probate attorney. The next step would be to go to the court, if things cannot be otherwise resolved.

James Frederick