MY SISTER-N-LAW STOLE MY HUSBANDS WALLET WHOM IS DECEASED AND STOLE MY IDENTITY I CANT GET ANY HELP. POLICE REPORTS COMPLETED.

Asked 6 months ago - 95242

MY SISTER-N-LAW WORKS FOR KAISER MEDICAL FOUNDATION AND HAD ACCESS TO ALL MY MEDICAL RECORDS AND USED THEM TO HER ADVANTAGE ALONG WITH THE STAFF AT KAISER AND A SOCIAL WORKER THAT IS HER FRIEND. I NOW HAVE SERVAL MEDICAL BILLS IN MY DECEASED HUSBANDS NAME AND HIS SISTER KEEPS CHANGING MY ADDRESS TO HERS. SHE ALONG WITH A BOYFRIED HAVE BEEN SIGNING DOCUMENTS USING OUR NAME. THIS HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR SOMETIME AND I CANT SEEM TO GET ANY ASSISTANCE DEALING WITH THE MATTER. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.. (PLEASE EXCUSE MY CAPS)

1. James Anthony Dal Bon

Pro

Answered . Please do not take this as legal advice. You need to speak to an attorney personally. However your question raises some interesting legal issues:

If your anyone has used you medical record number to gain access in any way to your private medical information she has violated HIPPA. Immediately go the US Department of Health and Human Resources website and file a complaint. The website address is: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/cp/complaint_fron.... You will find a lot of good information there.

There are other steps you need to protect your identity:

You start by reporting this to 1) all of your banks, you may want to close and re-open accounts under a different account number 2) you need to report it to all three credit bureaus:

1)

www.Equifax.com
    See Your FREE Credit Score Now!
    Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
    P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, Georgia 30374
    Equifax Phone Numbers:
    1-800-685-1111: Credit Report Inquiries
    1-888-766-0008: Place Fraud Alert on Your Credit Report
    1-866-493-9788: Credit Reports, Scores and Identity Theft Monitoring
    1-888-202-4025: Business Solutions

www.Experian.com
    www.Equifax.com
    P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, Georgia 30374
    Equifax Phone Numbers:
    1-800-685-1111: Credit Report Inquiries
    1-888-202-4025: Business Solutions

2) www.Experian.com
    P.O. Box 9554, Allen, Texas 75013
    Experian Phone Numbers:
    1-888-397-3742: Credit Report / Dispute Information / Fraud & Identity Theft
    1-877-284-7942: Triple Advantage Credit Monitoring Membership
    1-888-243-6951: Business Credit Services

3) transunion
    www.TransUnion.com
    P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834
    TransUnion Phone Numbers:
    1-800-493-2392: Credit Monitoring Service Inquires
    1-800-888-4213: Purchase a Credit Report or Get Free Annual Report
    1-800-916-8800: Dispute Items on Credit Report and Status Checks
    1-800-680-7289: Fraud Alerts and Identity Theft Information
    1-866-922-2100: Business Services Assistance

Order your free credit reports from all three bureaus.

Contact your local police department. File a police report.

If they used your Social Security Number:

You should go to www.idtheft.gov and report the identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission. Or, you can call:

1-877-IDTHEFT

1-877-438-4338

Report the theft to the IRS as they might use your social security number to steal your tax refund.

You can also report them to the FBI Go to the cyber crimes part of the FBI website.

I hope this helps.

2. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

Answered . need more facts...I am really sorry ..this is a serious matter and as the previous attorney stated you need to consult a lawyer. You make statement about your siste in law but you need to keep in mind you always need evidence to prove all the above not just suspicions

3. Paula Jo Pierce

Answered . I cannot tell where you live. What follows is general information, not legal advice, regarding medical identity theft. Identity theft is a crime. You should first report the crime to your local police and get a copy of the report. Additionally, make an online report of identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov. Print a copy. Sign it in front of a notary public. Send a copy of the police report and the notarized FTC report to all of the medical providers that are sending you bills. You can get sample letters from the FTC website. If the bills you are receiving are for medical treatment of someone pretending to be your husband, also attach a copy of his death certificate to your letters. You will also need to report the HIPAA (health care privacy law) violations to the HHSC. You can do this online http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.