My sister just won a case a fight with her husband. It is from a bank that didnt want to release the money.

Miami, FL |

The Bank was protecting my sister husband. But the judge decide to release the money and give all of it to my sister. In other words she won the case. But the lawyers are behaving very weird they said that the Bank don't want to release the money. And they tried to make my sister sign instructions to transfer my sister money to the lawyers account then transfer that to her account to protect her? That is no logical I never seen that before. Also they open an account via emails with their connections. I made my sister open an account by her own and the lawyers were really upset because of that. I think they are trying to steal the money. Is not little money we are talking about millions. But we don't trust the lawyers their behavior is non logical. I want to know experts opinion. Thanks

You are free to interview other lawyers and get their opinions. This forum will not be helpful because all the information will need to be disclosed in order for any of us to get a sense as to what is going on here. You may use Avvo to find a local lawyer of course by going to the "find a lawyer" tab up top.

Your best bet is to contact several lawyers and see what they say about the situation. You ca also contact someone at the Fl state bar for a referral and perhaps for some insights as to whether anything these lawyers propose seems odd or dubious.

Typically, if a lawyer is working on a matter on a contingency any award will be sent to the lawyers first then they take their cut then send their client the remainder.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Frank
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

The attorney client relationship is like any other relationship....success depends upon mutual trust. If you do not trust your attorney, you will not trust his/her explanations. If your sister is uncomfortable, she should discuss the issues with another attorney.

Good Luck, Staci H. Genet, Esq. Law Offices of Staci H. Genet, Esq. Business Attorneys 1323 Southeast Third Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 T: 954-764-0005 E: shg@stacigenetpa.com Based upon the limed facts provided, please do not rely on this as specific legal advice . No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting