My sister is the trustee of my inheritance what I like to know when will I be able to manage my inheritance without her and will

Asked over 1 year ago - Clifton Park, NY

I understand in my past people did take advantage of me with another money issue I had now since my mom died I think I can handle my own financial issues. how can I be able to tell that to my sister and be able to release the trust to me.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Edwin Drantivy

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are subject to it's provision unless the trust was executed improperly, incompetently, fraudulently, under duress, or for an illegal purpose.

    You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a New York trusts attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible.

  2. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Take will and trust documentation to a lawyer to review the terms regarding the length of the trust and the provisions with respect to the trustee being in control of the assets.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more
  3. David A. Kubikian

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you should take the trust documents to a local trust and estates attorney. Your questions likely can all be answered by looking at the trust documents and evaluating the other ancillary facts.

    Looks like you are in the area, please contact my office to schedule a consultation (518.383.1182).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,145 answers this week

3,128 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,145 answers this week

3,128 attorneys answering