My sister is the trustee of my inheritance what I like to know when will I be able to manage my inheritance without her and will

Clifton Park, NY |

I understand in my past people did take advantage of me with another money issue I had now since my mom died I think I can handle my own financial issues. how can I be able to tell that to my sister and be able to release the trust to me.

1. You are subject to it's provision unless the trust was executed improperly, incompetently, fraudulently, under duress, or for an illegal purpose.

You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a New York trusts attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible.

2. Take will and trust documentation to a lawyer to review the terms regarding the length of the trust and the provisions with respect to the trustee being in control of the assets.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

3. I agree with my colleagues that you should take the trust documents to a local trust and estates attorney. Your questions likely can all be answered by looking at the trust documents and evaluating the other ancillary facts.

Looks like you are in the area, please contact my office to schedule a consultation (518.383.1182).

Wills and estates topics