My sister is saying she will run away to avoid going to jail what to do?

Dayton, OH |

my 21 year old sister has to go to jail for a year for a hit and run while driving under influence. She has to go next week. She told me she is going to run away so she doesn't have to go because she is scared of going. This seems silly to me because I don't know where she will go but it looks like she might be serious. What can I say to talk her out of it, also should I tell my parents? What will they probably do? I am close to her and don't want to betray her you know. If I tell them what could they do?

1. You should talk to her and if that doesn't work talk to whomever you need to keep her from making an even bigger mistake than she already has. If she runs it could get bad.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner