My sister is 17 yrs old. She has been ordered by a truancy judge to go to rehab. What are repercussions should she try to avoid.

Fort Worth, TX |

My younger sister will be 18 in 2 months. She has been in truancy court for sometime due to school absences. Recently she has been ordered to spend 30 days in a treatment facility for failing multiple UA's during her probation (for pot). She is adament she is not going to treatment. What might be repercussions should she skip out on this requirement and when she is 18 will anything about this judgement change? Thanks

1. If she doesn't go there will probably be a warrant for her arrest. Nothing changes when she is 18.

2. The judge will probably offer her two options: treatment or jail. Otherwise, nothing will change when she turns 18. In the State of Texas, one is considered an adult at the age of 17.

My answers are not intended as anything more than an educational response to generic questions posted on this site.

Juvenile law topics