My sister is 17, and is wanting to move out of my parents house into mine. I am 19 and living on my own. Is this aloud in GA?

Asked 8 months ago - Warner Robins, GA

I am renting a 3 bedroom 2 bath with my fiancé and we have the room to take her.. All of us have jobs, but I need to know if its legal or not and what we have to do to make it happen if it is legal.

1. John Arnold Steakley

1

Best Answer

Answered . The "catch" of emancipation is that if you are 17 then you are probably going to turn 18 before you get emancipated. If you are less than 17, you probably aren't going to get emancipated anyway. That's why emancipations are rare. They are rarely "ripe" and worth the trouble.

Tough it out. Turn 18, and then she is free to make all the mistakes she wants.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

1

Answered . Absent her parent's permission or a court emancipation order, you cannot do it.