Skip to main content

My sister has temporary guardianship of my children is there a way to terminate her right?

Rogers, AR |

I gave my sister temporary rights by me going to attorney office with her. I want to see if I can terminate her rights any way I dont feel like it would be in the best interest of my children to be there.

Attorney Answers 2


A guardianship would be granted by the judge. You would need to petition the court to return custody to you. This would likely need a lawyer.

Mark as helpful


You would need to petition the Court that entered the guardianship order to terminate the guardianship on the grounds that the guardianship is no longer necessary.

If it was truly a temporary guardianship, check to see when it expires. While they may now be extended in some circumstances, temporary guardianship cannot be for more than 90 days.

This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics