My sister got assaulted at her work place in a Federal building?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Huntington Beach, CA

My sister works for a Federal agency here in CA and her boss got mad at her and came into her cubicle and punched her in the arm. I would call that assault but the couple attorney's we have talked to won't take the case because it's federal. She did not sustain any injuries only grabbed her arm and punched. Now she got suspended with pay for a week and this GS13 is still on the job.. We need to find a lawyer who would take this case or what can we do? They are investigating and my sis is still on the job with the same boss. We need suggestions on what we can do. Filed a police report but because she did not sustain injuries the DA said it will be dropped..

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Manuel Jaime Rodriguez Jr

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your sister needs to call the local bar association and ask for their lawyer referral service. She may have both a Federal WC matter, as well as several civil causes of action. The Los Angeles County Bar Association may be able to make some good referrals. Good luck.

    Any person who makes or causes to be made any knowingly false or fraudeulent material statement or material... more
  2. John M Connell


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Federal workers compensation is completely different than what most attys here do. You will need someone who handles these cases.

  3. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Find a federal workers comp lawyer, best bet is to Google it.

  4. Richard Andrew Harting


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If she did not get injured then what is the work comp case? There are very few Federal Work comp attorneys. You can try Max Gest in LA.

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,975 answers this week

3,625 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,975 answers this week

3,625 attorneys answering