My sister got assaulted at her work place in a Federal building?

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntington Beach, CA

My sister works for a Federal agency here in CA and her boss got mad at her and came into her cubicle and punched her in the arm. I would call that assault but the couple attorney's we have talked to won't take the case because it's federal. She did not sustain any injuries only grabbed her arm and punched. Now she got suspended with pay for a week and this GS13 is still on the job.. We need to find a lawyer who would take this case or what can we do? They are investigating and my sis is still on the job with the same boss. We need suggestions on what we can do. Filed a police report but because she did not sustain injuries the DA said it will be dropped..

1. Manuel Jaime Rodriguez Jr

2

Answered . Your sister needs to call the local bar association and ask for their lawyer referral service. She may have both a Federal WC matter, as well as several civil causes of action. The Los Angeles County Bar Association may be able to make some good referrals. Good luck.

2. John M Connell

Pro

3

Answered . Federal workers compensation is completely different than what most attys here do. You will need someone who handles these cases.

Pro

3

Answered . Find a federal workers comp lawyer, best bet is to Google it.

4. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

1

Answered . If she did not get injured then what is the work comp case? There are very few Federal Work comp attorneys. You can try Max Gest in LA.