My sister failed her citizenship test. How much time normally before you can take the exam again?

Indio, CA |

My sister wants to take the exam again, so please give me information on how long it takes to get a second exam date. Please also give me some important reading materials for that exam.

1. Depends on the office. Usually around three weeks to two months.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. It varies among USCIS offices. Some will test 1 month later, another 3 months later. Tell her to study: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=982a309186e89210VgnVCM10000025e6a00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=c242df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

3. She can re-take the exam, provided the examining has not denied the application and is giving her another chance to come back and be re-examined. All of the materials for the naturalization test are available on USCIS website, at www.uscis.gov. Make sure she has an experienced immigration lawyer who could help her be prepared for next time.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

4. The more important question is: How long will it take for your sister to do a better job of studying?

I suggest that she wait at-least 3 months and that she pay for intensive tutoring sessions.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

5. I agree with my colleagues. It depends on the office location. Also, her best bet for success is to take adequate time to prepare. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.