My sister denied B2 visa twice.

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

I don't know what to think anymore. My sister is a Polish National. She currently lives in England. She tried for the visa 2 times(last year and this year). We had all the supporting evidence and every single document. All she wanted to do is visit us for my sons graduation. The agent denied seeing her evidence and denied her visa right away. She is 30 years old.

P.S. My mother overstayed her visa 6 years ago. I was married on a B2 visa and currently with my husband for 15 years. Was this the cause of the immediate denial?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Yes, 'bad behaviour' by family members (you and your mother) can be used against a visa applicant.

You didn't tell us her immigration status in the UK ... a VERY IMPORTANT fact. Plus, it would help if we knew whether or not she has a husband, kids and a job in the UK ... 'cementing' her ties to the UK and lessening the chances that she will follow you and your mother's 'lead' in breaking your visas.

Lastly, London is known for being a very tough Consular Post ... it would help if she paid an attorney (there are many in London that have a US license) for assistance.

2. Brian Haksoon Lee

5

Answered . I am sorry to hear that. I think what you stated in your P.S. was one of the main reasons for her visa denials, i.e., immigrant intent.

3. Paul M. Ruby

4

Answered . There's no possible way to know. There are many, many factors that could be at play here and a sentence or two explanation is almost certainly not enough to figure this out. If you want personalized advice, you should contact a lawyer who can review the file and talk with the parties to see what is going on.

4. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . She needs to show an unabandoned foreign residence to which she intends to return. Since she is living outside of her country, has no family ties to where she lives, perhaps has minimal property ties, she has every incentive to do what you did. The officer did not feel at all confident she intended to return to any particular place when the graduation was over.