My sister and i are co executors,. estate is closed, she takes what she wants of personal prop. can i do anything to stop her ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Harrington, DE

it has been five years and we have not done anything with the property or belongings. She says she has as much right as i do , what are my options?

1. Robert Miller

Answered . If the "estate is closed", this means there is no longer any estate nor are there any executors, but rather there would have been a decree of distribution which would dictate who is entitled to what. If there was no specification as to which heir was to receive which item of personal property, then it could possibly be necessary to initiate a civil action to recover half the value of whatever it was that was taken.
    **************************************************************************************
    Disclaimer: California attorney Robert Miller has practiced for over 45 years and restricts his practice to real estate and probate matters in the Central District of Los Angeles. Any opinion expressed is for general informational purposes only, no attorney-client relationship is intended or created by this answer, and no action or inaction should be contemplated without first employing and consulting with a competent attorney convenient to the questioner.