Skip to main content

My signature on the medical record release authorization was forged. What can I do against insurance company who did it?

North Bergen, NJ |

Insurance company First Unum in order to obtain my medical record fabricated document with my signature. Based on this document they obtained the record and denied my coverage. Despite all evidence judge dismissed the case, motion to reconsieder was also denied. Are there any possibility to do anything?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    It sounds like you already filed suit in court against the insurer and lost.

    Your only option is to file an appeal within the time limit to do so and convince the appeals court that the judge made a mistake. I would guess the chance of winning without a lawyer is zero.

    You should know that this answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship. To do so would require a written agreement between us. You should be aware that there are time limits within which you must pursue any claim or suit.

  2. There are two issues here. First, there is the insurance claim. What kind of insurance? Did you have to give them Power of Attorney as part of the application? If so, then the signature would be authorized. Assuming it was actually forged, you can contact the Department of Banking and Insurance and file a formal complaint. You may want to contact Federal agencies as well as this would be a violation of HIPPA. However, none of this will solve your coverage issue. Hopefully you had an attorney look at htat. If not, you should.

  3. Most insurance applications authorize insurance carrier to obtain medical records.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics