MY SERGURY IN 2007 WAS FIXED IN 2012 BY THE SAME DR, WHO LEFT ME DISFIGURED FOR LIFE AND I HAD SEVERE PAIN FOR 5 YEARS.LEGAL.?

Asked about 2 years ago - Lexington, MA

THE WRONGFULNESS OF THE SERGURY WAS DUELY NOTED AND HAS A LASTING DISFIGUREMENT TO ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS DIS FIGUREMENT AND BEING WHEELCHAIR BOUND FOR LIFEBECAUSE OF THE DRS.WRONGFULNESS IS THERE A LEGAL RECOURSE I CAN OBSERVE FOR THE MALPRACTICE BY THIS NEGLIGENCE BY DR,HASAN B. ALAM.OF MASS. GEN. BOSTON MASS.

1. Stefano Vincenzo D'Agostino

4

Answered . I highly suggest contacting a medical malpractice attorney in your area immediately to further evaluate your claim. As the last response indicates, there is a time limit, legally referred to as a statute of limitation, in which you can file suit. However, in certain circumstances, this time limit can be tolled. It is difficult to tell from your question when the cause of action started to accrue i.e. when the clock started ticking to file a claim. Therefore, I highly suggest contacting a medical malpractice attorney in your area immediately to further evaluate your claim before time runs out, if it has not already.

2. Erik Hammarlund

3

Answered . Maybe. you should consult a medical malpractice attorney.

3. Brian P Finnerty

Pro

3

Answered . I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. Did the disfigurement follow the first surgery? If so, you may have no case because of the statute of limitations which requires that a case be filed by a certain date. If the second procedure caused you harm, there may be a claim. I would need to ask you some questions in order to determine whether you might have a case. Please feel free to call any time to discuss.
    Good luck with everything.

4. David McCormack

3

Answered . Although the statute of limitations can be tolled in some situations, it sounds from your description as though the effects of this surgery were known soon after it occurred. There is a 3 year statute of limitations in Massachusetts for medical malpractice claims so more likely than not you are barred from pursuing a claim. If you have any doubt, you should immediately contact an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice.