My senior friend's neighbors built a sidewalk and small wall on HER side of her property and are now threatening to sue her !

Asked about 2 years ago - Murrieta, CA

If she doesn't GIVE them easement rights. She is of very limited income and cannot afford the thousands of dollars these bullies tell her she'll need to fight it! What should she do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Richard Leigh Boyer


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I think my colleague's advice is sound. In addition, you should have your friend call the local D.A. and report the neighbors for elder abuse. If neither of these steps work, have your friend contact the local legal aid society to see if she can get free or low cost legal assistance. She should also exhaust all possibilities of help from family and friends.

  2. Tai Christopher Bogan


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Call the city. Inquire as to whether a permit was pulled before building. Make the city tear it down and charge the neighbor since it encroaches on her side of the property.

    The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,095 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,095 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering