My school have not giving me my diploma i want to know how can i go to fight to get it off my back.

Asked over 1 year ago - Decatur, GA

Hi i have a question and wanted to know if this is something i can go forth with. I have been out of school for two years going on three and my school will not give me my diploma. I have to finish this one part of my graduation test that i have been having trouble to pass, but last year i try to send out a wavier but they denied it i am not sure why but i have taking this test over 10 times from being out of high school. i fell its not fair they would not let me waive this one part my mom told me to try to see my school can send another waiver but they can only do it once. I want to know how can I go about trying to fight to get my diploma I been out of school for 3 years now I have been studying taking classes it is really hard for me cause I cant move on with my life please if you can respond back thank you

1. Todd Bruce Kotler

1

Answered . I am sorry for your difficulty but the state requirements for graduation and therefore your diploma are there for a reason.

Have you researched the appeals process for the denial of your waiver? I would check with the state board of education. If you were on a 504 plan or IEP you may have other remedies. Good luck!