My roommate put an order of protection on me, basically because we're are in the eviction process what can i do

Asked almost 2 years ago - Madison, WI

we're in eviction because he was all ways late paying bills, and he put this order of protection on me to make it seem like its my fault and try to take over the lease (now im basically homeless till court) what can i do about this and how can i get back in my residence

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Do not disobey the court order.

    Contact an attorney in your area immediately. Lots more facts needed. Courts don't just issue protective orders on a whim.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,787 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,787 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering