My roommate put an order of protection on me, basically because we're are in the eviction process what can i do

Madison, WI |

we're in eviction because he was all ways late paying bills, and he put this order of protection on me to make it seem like its my fault and try to take over the lease (now im basically homeless till court) what can i do about this and how can i get back in my residence

1. Do not disobey the court order.

Contact an attorney in your area immediately. Lots more facts needed. Courts don't just issue protective orders on a whim.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I do five my 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.