My right to know who my daughters with.

Asked 11 months ago - Orlando, FL

When I take my ex to court for a paternity petition what all do I have the right to know after everything's said and done? I.e. Phone number, address, who's she's living with.

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

6

Answered . It seems like you answered your own question. Once everything is "said and done" you will be left with what is called a parenting plan. The parenting plan will govern everything, the time sharing each of you have, the shared parental responsibility, the communications methods, etc.

I would highly recommend consulting and retaining a local and experienced family law attorney to represent you in the paternity action.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
    Orlando Family Law Attorney
    407-354-5223

2. Betty Elaine Jones

5

Answered . If you are declared the father, you should have rights to know your daughter's address, phone number and who they are living with. You will also have rights to timesharing with your child. and you will be obligated to pay child support. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

3. William Charles Rosenfelt

4

Answered . Assuming the court finds that you could suitably co-parent your child and grants you joint parental responsibility then you would have the right to know where your child lives when not with you and how to contact your child, etc.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)